Critical Success Factors Deploying Pervasive BI
A White Paper submitted by James Markarian,
Chief Technology Officer, Informatica
The three major subsystems – Data Integration Services, Decision
Repositories, and Decision Services – are part of an information
supply chain. Data starts in raw form, goes through transformations,
storage, distribution, and packaging until it reaches the final
consumer. All three are needed to support pervasive BI.
Pervasive BI exposes a need that was often not present in traditional
BI – SLAs in all three subsystems. This is because the
front-line user has near real-time performance expectations, 24
hours per day, and 365 days per year. It is irrelevant to the call
center or web site consumer what part of the infrastructure is
failing or slow.
Thus, the critical success factors focus on formal
- Data freshness, cleansing, accuracy, and completeness.
- Scalability in terms of concurrent users by delivery mechanism.
- Mixed workload management to ensure service level
- Tactical query response time measures by type of user
- High availability metrics by user community and
Download Complete White Paper