8 Practical IT Governance Steps for Application Development, Maintenance & Support
Are you more reactive than proactive when it comes to governing your application development, maintenance and support process? Wish you had more visibility and control of projects? Know you could get more valuable work done to advance the company if you could just reduce your maintenance and support spend?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, be sure to attend our Application Development, Maintenance & Support roundtable on August 1
We’ll explore 8 practical steps and key performance indicators to help you:
- Reduce the necessary budget for maintenance and support
- Free up resources so you can focus on more value-added work
- Make sure your team is getting the RIGHT work done more efficiently
This roundtable will be lead by Jim Phillips, Senior Operations Executive at CAI, who operates as client CIO and leads development, maintenance support initiatives for six Fortune 1000 companies with nearly 600 staff members. Jim will share how his clients have used the 9 steps to avoid disasters and foster innovation.
After Jim’s presentation, we’ll have an open roundtable discussion where you can
- Share views with peers, and learn from their insights
- Get tangible steps to achieve immediate improvements in application development, maintenance and support
- Learn the 10 most valuable KPI’s for managing your application development, maintenance and support
- Hear how other companies used these 8 Steps and KPI’s to achieve real results
- Learn how you can shift your efforts from just legacy to strategic focus.
ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION LEADERS
|| Daniel S. Myers, Director of Application Maintenance & Support, Navistar, Inc. has over 21 years of experience with the development and support of enterprise applications. Prior to joining Navistar, he spent 17 years with Micron Technology focusing on Sales, Marketing, and Engineering applications. Upon joining Navistar, he was responsible for Engineering and Shop floor applications. In his current role he is responsible for the application maintenance and support of 600+ enterprise applications supporting multiple business functions (sales, finance, HR, manufacturing, supply chain, shop floor, engineering, financial services, and parts distribution). Dan holds a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems from the University of Idaho.
||Moderator: Jim Phillips, Senior Operations Executive, has been the General Manager for CAI's large commercial clients in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia since 2000. In this role, he identifies business opportunities and works with the IT organization to develop, source & deliver solutions. In implementing solutions, Jim and his teams help clients become more productive and efficient in their IT operations and lower IT costs. He owns profit/loss responsibility for his business, as
well as contract management, delivery oversight and customer satisfaction.
Learn from Leaders like these:
- United Airlines, Director
- Chicago Housing Authority, Director of IT
- Equity Office, Director IT Portfolio
- United Service Companies, CIO
- American Association of Nurses Anesthetists,
Sr. Director IT
- Hyatt Hotels, Director
- ICON Clinical Research, Director IT PMO
- and more!
8:30 AM -CHECK IN & NETWORKING
This event is for qualified Director level and above IT executives. Questions? Contact Maria Tuthill at (847) 837-3900 x1
Who Should Attend:
- VP, Director, of :
- Application Development
- Application Maintenance
- Application Support
- Business Systems
- Financial Business Systems
- Marketing & Sales Systems
- Human resources
- Application Systems
- Enterprise System
- Similar Roles
|ATTEND THIS EVENT
Thursday, Aug 1, 2013
8:00AM to 10:30AM
Union League Club
65 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago IL 60604
Attendance is complimentary to qualified attendees
Call Maria Tuthill
at 847-837-3900 x 1
Pre-registration will be required.
Must be Qualified.
Professional business-casual attire required.
Final speakers and topics are subject to change.