Welcome. This is Alex Jarett, founder, CEO and Publisher of the Technology Executives Club®, and the Technology Innovation Institute™.
We are: The Premier CIO / CxO Digital Leadership Community for Executives Committed to Driving Corporate Growth Through Technology Innovation
We welcome: CIOs, CTOs, Chief Innovation Officers, Chief Digital Officer, CMO, CxO, and their senior team members director and above.
Our Technology Innovation Insights blog and newsletter
Our conference program includes 5 national summits, regional seminars in a variety of cities, quarterly Technology Leaders Circle Luncheons (held in Chicago but we record for our national audience)
Our Technology Innovation Institute program is our online Digital Leadership development program
- Includes recordings from our conferences and luncheons
- Live and recorded Monthly Strategy Briefing Webinars
- Live and Recorded Digital Leadership Development Workshops(online)
- Private online communities
Qualified executives (no vendors/consultants) may attend the events by registering for each events.
Review upcoming events here.
The summits are $299 each. The luncheons and the regional seminars have a different program so check each event directly.
If you decide you would like to attend many summits for a discounted package then review the executive or corporate memberships (see next section.)
How to Join
There are two levels of membership:
1. Community Member - Complimentary
Community membership gives you access to our monthly Strategy Briefing Webinars, our weekly Technology Innovation Insights ezine newsletter and blog, and notifications about our conference program.
Subscribe as a complimentary community member here
2. Executive & Corporate Memberships
Executive & Corporate Memberships include access to our Technology Innovation Institute Digital Leadership Development program, ticket packages to our five annual Summits and education credits towards industry certifications.
Learn about executive and corporate memberships here
Following are the types of executives that are members of the Club community:
- CIOs and CTOs
- Chief Innovation Officers
- Senior Technology Executives
- Key team members reporting to the executives, above.
Following is a sample list representing both enterprise and provider members:
American Hospital Assoc.
Baker & McKenzie
Cole Taylor Bank
Ernst & Young
Flexible Steel Lacing Co.
Freeborn & Peters
Hub Group, Inc.
Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
Illinois Tool Works
Juno Lighting, Inc.
Katten Muchin Rosenman
McGuire Woods LLP
Premier Global Services
State of IL
Standard Bank & Trust
The Revere Group
- What our Members Say about the Club
The Club prides itself in quality events and services. Here is recent feedback from some of our participants at our events.
"It's like Gartner for the rest of us!"
Fortune 500 IT Director and Gartner subscriber
- "Key Value: Networking with peers and with vendors & solution providers."
Walter Lefmann, Director, Security Officer
CTC Trading Group LLC
- "GOOD TOPIC: Innovation within PMOs is very appropriate in today's economy."
Jim Mikowski, Senior Project Manager
- "Excellent flow on the material presented."
Kevan Collins, Director, IT PMO
- "It was an excellent opportunity to broaden my knowledge of PPM and PM a well as expand my professional relationships."
Randy Carey, Director of IT
- "The process of aligning the strategic plan with business priorities and portfolio management priorities was practical and insightful."
Sai Ravichandran, Director of IT
The Morton Arboretum
- "The event was well organized and packed with content relevant to any IT shop. I especially enjoyed the keynote panelists. The participants were well prepared and presented valuable examples for the questions posed. Thank you for a good use of my time."
- "Thank you for a wonderful experience. The seminar was very helpful and your group has a lot to offer its membership."
Dan McSweeney, IT Regulatory Compliance
- "Excellent content and very engaging and passionate speakers!"
Chet Phillips, VP of IT
Vi Senior Living
- "Alex, thanks for hosting another great golf outing! The Judge group found the golf outing very productive as a sponsor and participant. We meet a number of great contacts and everyone enjoyed themselves. The event itself was very well organized. And the course was great . We especially liked the way you handled the early start coordinated with the luncheon and awards ceremony, which attributed to the good attendance. We are already following up with a number of the contacts that we met."
Dan Kilburg, Account Manager
The Judge Group
- "A good overview of leading-edge technology with just the right amount of information for senior IT Management."
Kanch Kumar, Senior Manager, Information Systems
- "Just-in-time information on technology topics, networking and vendor intros."
Michael Roman, Analytics Manager
Wells Fargo Advisors
- "This is one of the best technology organizations in the community/industry."
Betsy Yung, Principal
Logic Kingdon Enterprise
- "I find the Technology Executives Club seminars to be very useful for continuing education. My rule of thumb is if I can get two or three bits of information from a seminar, that confirm my thinking or show other possibilities, that I can take back to my role at GS1 then it is worth my time, and I consistently get new information and fresh ideas from the Club events."
Chief Architect and Sr. Director of Security
- "I thought the organization of the event was flawless. You know your audience. The event was well-organized and well-attended with the right people, and the audience received an excellent combination of topics and presenters. There was a great variety of presentation, skillsets, and backgrounds and we were very pleased to be part of the event."
Peter Aaronson, General Manager
Judge Audio Visual Solutions
- "I just wanted to let you know what a great staff you have. Every interaction with them is professional, warm and welcoming."
Charles Melidosian, former CIO
Baird & Warner
- "The Club provided an excellent program on DR & BCP today!"
Scott Tompkins, Director, Information Security
Williams Lea Americas
- The Club addresses business needs by "giving me a more global perspective of what is going on in technology."
Robert Carr, Business Technology Analyst
- "We enjoy the various monthly meetings and find them to be a very effective use of our education resources."
Gerald Scherkenbach, VP, Technology Compliance Manager
- The Club "allows me and my organization to stay in touch with technology."
Gary Willard, Data Center Manager
- "The Club provides insight into how other organizations are addressing the same problems that my organization faces."
Scott Tompkins, Director of Information Security
- "Enjoyed yesterday's event, the material and speakers really covered the subjects well. Great event ..."
Tom Fahner, Field Support & End User Services Manager - Midwest
- "I subscribe to a number of prominent analyst groups and network at the national level, but I am delighted to be involved with the IT Leaders Circle as well for three reasons. 1. First, I want to build my base of other IT executives in the region to be able to compare notes and help each other with the common issues we face; 2. Second, the topics that Alex and his team have chosen are in synch with my own strategic plan; and 3. Third, the Club's track approach offers me an affordable alternative to keep my key team members up to date on the top issues relevant to their responsibilities."
Ed Busse, Former Director Global Information Technology
- "This was my first [IT Leaders Circle Luncheon] event and I was very impressed with everyone and the facilities... I am very keen to meet my peers at other organizations and find out what they are doing and issues they are struggling with. I was able to connect with at least 5 peers in a meaningful way which is 5 more than I had before the event. I can't wait for the next one!"
Mark S. Las, Director of Information Technology
Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler Inc.
- "As a K-12 Director of Technology, I have found that the IT Leaders Circle exposed me to Business IT Leaders from large companies. This allows me to learn about IT processes and procedures that I can adopt to education."
Darrell Walery, Director of Technology
Consolidated High School District 230
- "As both the Director of Information Technology for Illinois Institute of
Technology's Center for Professional Development and the Associate
Director of our degree programs in Information Technology and
Management, it's critical that I keep up with the latest trends in the
industry and expand connections for the university. The Technology
Executives Club and it's new IT Leaders Circle provides me with access
to other top Chicago-area IT executives in a forum that allows me to
interact with them to see how they are managing their IT investments and
making their strategic decisions regarding the issues that face us all."
Director of Information Technology
Illinois Institute of Technology
- "I joined the IT Leaders Circle to be able to network and share ideas with like-minded executives and keep pace within this fast changing industry. I want to keep learning, and continue to be creative in my job - by discussing topics that are relevant to my position with other executives, I'll be able to do that. Although I attend National conferences, I'm excited to join with other executives who also work in this region and understand the unique challenges and opportunities our area has to offer."
Lisa G. Brumbaugh, Vice President - Corporate Project Management
Standard Bank & Trust Co.
- "I am excited about the Technology Executives Club IT Leaders Circle because of the opportunity to understand what problems other technology leaders are facing and approaches they are using to solve them. It is all too easy these days to simply soak in your own juices within your organization and believe that you’re doing everything right. It’s important to understand other’s perspectives and the IT Leaders Circle will give me the ability to do that. I am also hoping to increase the awareness of the local technology community of new technologies as well as open source initiatives and applied analytics."
Mark Friedgan, Former CIO
- "I am very excited about joining the new Digital Leadership Circle where I can meet with my peers and learn from them. I have always found the panel discussions very valuable and anticipate the roundtable discussions will be particularly helpful focused extension of that value. Others from CNA have attended sessions and found them to be very valuable. I find the Club to be an excellent forum to network and learn from other IT professionals who are experiencing similar or shared business experiences."
John Landenberger, former Client Executive
- "I had to write you and the other masterminds behind yesterday's event to congratulate you. I have attended many such meetings here in Chicago and elsewhere and found them to be primarily a waste of time. Yesterday's event was a an exception to that rule. You all did an incredible job with content, structure, presenters - and it drew some outstanding people too.
Thank you so much for all the effort and thought that went into the event. I will certainly attend more ... Great job!!"
Self Reliance Society, LLC
- "Our organization has been a member of the Technology Executive Club since 2006. We initially joined as a cost effective way to network and share timely industry information with other IT professionals. We have been really impressed by the presentations and knowledge/credentials of those presenting. Clearly the Club is dedicated to delivering value to its members by bringing top industry leaders."
Bonita Gillman, PMP, Director Information Services
- "I regularly use the Technology Executive Club's database of whitepapers, webinars and articles to research new technologies, technical solutions for business issues and to generally research technology for personal professional development. The library that the club has developed has been a great consolidation of resource materials for helping me to see where IT can be leveraged to support the business side of the organization."
Tom Fahner, End User Computing Manager
State of Illinois-BCCS
- "One of my projects this year has been to review our IT model and adjust for our changing organization. I found the seminar very rewarding in that the discussion and presentations added credence to the steps I had taken. I also now have some excellent resources for networking when I have questions going forward. I was quite pleased to strike up a conversation with another participant who might be able to assist me with metrics! It was a value-added event for me!"
Carole A. Long, Vice-President of Information Systems
Flexible Steel Lacing Company
- I have found the technology seminars to be very helpful in providing me
with a high level overview of disparate practices and technologies. The
speakers are subject matter experts and deliver informative
Technology Executive Club events are good places to meet technology
executives from companies of all sizes. The setting is conducive to
conversation and informal learning experiences.
Greg Hubbard, Director of Application Development,
- "Worknet is thrilled to be associated with Technology Executives Club, its events and in this community of IT leaders. We have a number of clients whom are part of the club as well as other organizations whom are considering our Managed Services. By speaking at the club and bringing thought-provoking subject matter expertise, we are able to add value to this wonderful community and find additional opportunities to explore from like-minded Chicago-land IT leaders. From our last speaking engagement, we have three follow-up appointments set focused on solutions core to Worknet."
Biff L. Myre, Director
MORE COMMENTS FROM OUR MEMBERS
- How to Join